Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia St. MS 0084
Reno, NV 89557
Phone (Office): (775) 784-4662
I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Nevada, Reno. Before that I was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Toronto for 2012-2015. And yet before that I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Mathematics at the Pennsylvania State University in 2012, under the supervision of Robert Vaughan and Winnie Li, and a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics at the Nankai University in 2007.
Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
I am interested in analytic number theory, diophantine goemetry, harmonic analysis, and the interactions among them.
The following is a list of my research papers in the reverse chronological order. For the published versions and Math Reviews, please see MathSciNet (subscription required). Preprints are available on the arXiv and Google Scholar (The versions that appear there may slightly differ from the printed versions).
Hausdorff theory of dual approximation on planar curves, 17 pages.
To appear in Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik. [Article]
Rational points near planar curves and Diophantine approximation,
Advances in Mathematics 274 (2015), 490-515. [Article]
On the exceptional set for binary Egyptian fractions (with R.C. Vaughan),
Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 45 (2013), no. 4, 861-874. [Article]
Mean value theorems for binary Egyptian fractions II (with R.C. Vaughan),
Acta Arithmetica 155 (2012), no. 3, 287–296. [Article]
A mean value theorem for the Diophantine equation \(axy-x-y=n\),
Acta Mathematica Hungarica 134 (2012), no. 1, 68-78. [Article]
Algebraic values of transcendental functions at algebraic points (with D. Marques and M. Mereb),
Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society 82 (2010), no. 2, 322–327. [Article]
- Banff International Research Station
- Centre de recherches mathématiques
- Clay Mathematics Institute
- Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences
- Heidelberg Laureate Forum
- Institute of Advanced Study
- Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics
- Institute for Mathematics and its Applications
- Institute for Pure & Applied Mathematics
- Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences
- Simons Center for Geometry and Physics
- Southwest Center for Arithmetic Geometry