Victor L. Kantsyrev
Research Professor in Physics, Chemical Physics.
Dr. Sci. (Dr. Habil. in Europe) Institute of Analytical Instrumentation ,
Russian Academy of Science, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1992.
Ph.D., Moscow Physical Engineering Institute, Moscow, Russia, 1981.
Phone: 775/784-7590 or 682-9723
Offices: Room 320, Physics Building & Room 207 NTF Building
Physics of z-pinch wire arrays and X-pinches.
Physics of z-pinch and laser plasma sources of x-ray / EUV radiation.
X-ray/EUV spectroscopy, polarimetry and mass-spectrometry diagnostics and instrumentation for hot plasma and atomic physics research.
Glass-capillary optics for x-ray and extreme ultraviolet radiation.
Applications of focused laser and x-ray beams in science and technology.
X-ray lithography with plasma sources of radiation.
Integrated optics technology.
X-ray microscopy with plasma sources for biology and medicine.
The emphasis of our research program is on experimental z-pinch plasma physics and development of advanced x-ray and extreme ultraviolet (EUV) plasma diagnostics. Z-pinch plasma, and in particular x-pinch plasma that formed by touch-crossing of two or four wires between the anode and the cathode of a pulsed power generator, is characterized by temperatures up to several keV and densities near a solid state. Examples of such plasmas are the inner regions of stars and future fusion reactors. Experiments are designed to study the nature of fundamental processes in plasmas, to provide data on main plasma parameters such as temperature and density, and to justify theoretical codes and models.
At the beginning of our research program (1994-1996), the new type of the x-ray/EUV diagnostic with focusing glass capillary converters (GCC) for atomic physics and plasma physics research was developed. The first focusing GCCs for operation in a EUV spectral region 50-1000 Å were developed. The sensitivity of the EUV spectrometer with GCC at the Physics Department Multicharged Ion Research Facility (MIRF) was increased by order of magnitude. This beam-line (operational from 1995) was successfully applied in ion-atom collision experiments and experimental simulations of spectral emissions in comet tails at the MIRF. The new EUV polarimeter/ spectrometer with GCC was patented. The prototype of this device was tested. The development and study were supported by the US Academy of Science CAST grant, ACSPECT Inc. (Reno, Nevada) and the NASA grant.
The main goal of the 1997-2002 years program phase was the development of advanced x-ray/EUV spectroscopy and spectropolarimetry diagnostics for the Nevada Terawatt Facility (NTF), and study the physics of 1MA high-Z x-pinch and wire-array plasmas at the NTF. The NTF is the biggest from US Universities z-pinch facility with a maximum current up to 1MA and a primary stored energy of about 150 kJ. Temperatures and densities of NTF x-pinch plasmas are very similar to parameters of plasma produced on the Sandia National Laboratories Z-accelerator (SNL-Z) - the biggest z-pinch machine in the world. The 12 beam-lines x-ray/EUV diagnostic complex (including time-gated imaging and spectroscopic devices, polarimeters/spectrometers, fast x-ray diodes, etc.) was developed and successfully used in Ti, Fe, Mo, and W x-pinch and wire-array research. The characterization of the x-ray plasma source, spectroscopic K- and L-shell research, study of energetic electron beams in plasma, spectropolarimentry measurements, and hard x-ray experiments have been performed at the first time for 1.0 MA high-z x-pinches. The new type of a multichannel x-ray spectrometer with GCC for plasma diagnostics was patented. The one-channel prototype of this device was tested at the compact x-ray laser plasma source. The new low-resolution 10 channel x-ray spectrometer was jointly designed and developed with Bechtel Nevada Inc. and used in experiments on the SNL Z-machine. The research program was supported by DOE-NNSA/NV Cooperative Agreement DE-FC08-01NV14050 and the Sandia National Laboratories grant.
From 2002, our research has focused on several directions. The first is the creation and operation of the new Plasma Physics and Diagnostics Laboratory (PPDL) at the Physics Department with a compact z-pinch plasma/laser plasma facility “Sparky”. “Sparky’s” compact z-pinch machine has the energy in its capacitors of 0.5-0.8 kJ and current of 90-100 kA (pulse rise-time of 700 ns) which can operate in “vacuum spark” or “one wire/x-pinch” modes. The EUV/soft x-ray laser plasma source operates with 0.4 J, 3 ns, 10 Hz solid state laser. The main goals of PPDL are training of students, pulse power and plasma physics study, plasma diagnostics development for the SNL-Z generator, the NTF and “Center for Study of Pulsed-Power-Driven High Energy Density Plasmas” at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY).
The work for SNL had included the study and development of a hard x-ray spectropolarimetry of hot plasma, and advanced EUV diagnostics with GCC for magnetic insulation transmission line (MITL), and ongoing experiments with new load current multiplier (LCM) and support of experiments on SNL-Saturn generator with planar wire arrays.
An important area of our laboratory activity is wire-array and x-pinche physics study, and new diagnostics development at the “Center for Study of Pulsed-Power-Driven High Energy Density Plasmas” at Cornell University (Ithaca, NY). This research includes a study of implosion dynamics and K-, L-, and M-shell radiation characteristics of single and nested wire arrays and x-pinches, and the investigation of the nature of energetic electron beams at Cornell low-impedance z-pinch machines (1 MA Cobra and 0.4 MA XP) in comparison with the results from the NTF high-impedance 1 MA Zebra generator.
In 2006, our laboratory completed the transfer of the x-ray core diagnostics devices for Zebra generator from the PPDL to the NTF Engineering & Development and trained the NTF Engineering & Development technicians to work with core x-ray diagnostics.
From May 2004 to April 2007, six joint experimental campaigns on study of implosions dynamics and radiation properties of 1 MA different planar wire arrays, compact cylindrical wire arrays, and x-pinches were performed by our laboratory at the Zebra facility in collaboration with the SNL team, the NTF team, the Theoretical Plasma Spectroscopy Group from the Physics Department, the Icarus Inc., the Naval research Laboratory, and the Ecole Polytechnique (France). New basic experimental results were obtained on single, double, triple, and cross- planar wire arrays, low wire-number and compact cylindrical arrays plasma x-ray sources characteristics and implosion dynamics. These results offer insights into physics of z-pinch plasma heating mechanisms, and can be useful for inertial confinement fusion (ICF) and radiation physics research (see publications list below).
The recent PPDL research program is supported by the NNSA under DOE/ NV Cooperative Agreement DE-FC52-06NA27586, the NNSA under DOE Cooperative Agreement DE-F03-02NA00057, and two Sandia National Laboratories grants.
The EUV beam-line with the GCC at the MIRF
The NTF x-ray/EUV diagnostics
The compact z-pinch plasma facility “Sparky” at the PPDL
Current Research TeamGraduate student Ishor Shrestha (Ph.D. Physics program) -wire arrays and x-pinch research, z-pinch plasma electron beams study, hard x-ray diagnostic development.
Graduate student Kenneth Williamson (Ph.D. Physics program) -wire arrays and x-pinch research, x-ray and EUV diagnostic development.
Graduate student Michael Weller (Ph.D. Physics program) -wire arrays research, x-ray diagnostic development.
Undergraduate student Mathew Henry (B.S. Physics program) -EUV and x-ray diagnostic development.
Former PPDL students
Graduate Student Dmitry Fedin (Ph.D., 2004) - -after graduation he worked as a Post.Doc. at the University of Nevada, Reno and University of California at San Diego.
Graduate student Vidya Nalajala (M.S., 2005) -after graduation she worked as a Diagnostic Engineer at the NTF.
Graduate student Shivaji Pokala (M.S., 2004) -after graduation he worked as a Reseracher at a scientific corporation in Chicago
Undergraduate student Douglas Brown- from June/04 B.S., Diagnostic Engineer of Ktech Corp. at Sandia National Laboratories.
1. Brent Jones, Michael E. Cuneo, David, J. Ampleford, Christine A. Coverdale, Eduardo M. Waisman, Roger A. Vesey, Micahel Jones, Andrey A. Esaulov, Victor L. Kantsyrev, Alla S. Safronova, Alexandre S. Chuvatin, Leonid I. Rudakov, Planar Wire Array Performance Scaling at Multi-MA Levels on the Saturn generator. Sandia Report SAND2007-6337 (Oct. 2007).
2. V.L. Kantsyrev, L.I. Rudakov, A.S. Safronova, A.L. Velikovich, V.V. Ivanov, C.A. Coverdale, B. Jones, V. Nalajala, P.D. LePell, D.J. Ampleford, C. Deeney, A.S. Chuvatin, K. Williamson, I. Shrestha, N. Ouart, F. Yilmaz, G. Osborne, A. Haboub, S. Batie, A. Astanovitsky, B. LeGalloudec, V. Nalajala, W. McDaniel, V. Shlyaptseva, T. Adkins, C. Meyer. Properties of planar wire arrays Z-pinch source and comparisons with cylindrical arrays. igh Energy Density Physics, v. 3, pp. 136-142 (2007).
3. D.J. Ampleford, S.V. Lebedev, S.N. Bland, S.C. Bott, J.P. Chittenden, C.A Jennings, V.L. Kantsyrev, A.S. Safronova, V.V. Ivanov, D.A. Fedin, P.J. Laca, M.F. Yilmaz, V. Nalajala, I. Shrestha, K. Williamson, G. Osborne, A. Haboub, A. Ciardi. Dynamics of conical wire array Z-pinch implosions. Phys. Plasmas v. 14, 102704 (20007)
4. A.S. Safronova, V.L. Kantsyrev, F.M. Yilmaz, G. Osborne, N.D. Ouart, K. Williamson, I. Shrestha, V. Shlyaptseva, S. Batie, B. LeGalloudec, A. Astanovitsky, V. Nalajala, W. McDaniel. Radiative properties of implosions of combined X-pinches and planar wire arrays composed from different wire materials on the UNR 1 MA Z-pinch generator. High Energy Density Physics, v. 3, pp. 237-241 (2007).
5. V. Kantsyrev, A. Safronova, V. Ivanov, D. Fedin, R. Mancini, A. Astanovitsky, B. LeGalloudec, S. Batie, D. Brown, V. Nalajala, I. Shrestha, S. Pokala, N. Ouart, F. Yilmaz, A. Clinton, M. Johnson, T. Cowan, B. Jones, C. Coverdale, C. Deeney, P.D. LePell, D. Jobe, D. Nielson. Radiative properties of asymmetric and symmetric X-pinches with two and four wires recently produced on the UNR 1 MA Zebra Generator. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, v.99, pp. 349-362 (2006).
6. V.L. Kantsyrev, A.S. Safronova, D.A. Fedin, V.V. Ivanov, A.A. Esaulov, V. Nalajala, I. Shrestha, S. Pokala, K. Williamson, N. Ouart, F. Yilmaz, P. Laca, T.E. Cowan, L.I. Rudakov, B. Jones, C.A. Coverdale, C. Deeney, P.D. LePell, A.L. Velikovich, A.S. Chuvatin. Radiation properties and implosion dynamics of planar and cylindrical wire arrays, asymmetric and symmetric, uniform and combined x-pinches on 1-MA Zebra generator. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, v.34, No 2, pp. 194-212 (2006).
7. V.L. Kantsyrev, L.I. Rudakov, A.S. Safronova, D.A. Fedin, V.V. Ivanov, A.L. Velikovich, A.A. Esaulov, A.S. Chuvatin, K. Williamson, N.D. Ouart, V. Nalajala, G. Osborne, I. Shrestha, M.F. Yilmaz, P. Shivaji, P.J. Laca, T.E. Cowan. Planar Wire Array as Powerful Radiation Source. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, v.34, No 5, pp. 2295-2302 (2006).
8. V.L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, A.A. Esaulov, A.S. Safronova, , V. Nalajala, , K. Williamson, G. Osborne, M.F. Yilmaz, , N.D. Ouart, J. B. Greenly, J.D. Douglass, R.D. McBride, L.M. Maxson, D.A. Hammer, A.L. Velikovich. Al and W Wire Array Implosions and energy deposition on the 1-MA COBRA Generator. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, v. 34, No 5, pp. 2288-2294 (2006).
9. B. Jones, C. Deeney, C.A. Coverdale, P.D. LePell, J. McKenney, J.P. Apruzese, W. Thornhill, K. Whitney, R. Clark, A.L. Velikovich, J. Davis, Y. Maron, V. Kantsyrev, A. Safronova, V.I. Oreshkin. K-shell radiation physics in low-to moderate-atomic-number z-pinch plasmas on the Z accelerator. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer. v. 99, pp. 341-348 (2006).
10. A.A. Esaulov, A.L. Velikovich, V.L. Kantsyrev, T.A. Mehlhorn, M.E. Cuneo. Wire dynamics model of the implosion of nested and planar wire arrays. Physics of Plasmas, v. 13, 120701-4 (2006).
11. V.V. Ivanov, V.L. Kantsyrev, V.I. Sotnikov, D.A. Fedin, A. Astanovitsky, B. LeGalloudec, V. Nalajala, I. Shrestha, T.E. Cowan. Investigation of regimes of wire array implosion on the 1 MA Zebra accelerator. Physics of Plasmas, v.13, 012704-8 (2006).
12. V. L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, A.S. Shlyaptseva, M.D. Mitchell, Byungmoo Song, S.A. Pikuz, T.A. Shelkovenko, K.M. Chandler, D.A. Hammer, L.M. Maxson. Studies of energetic electrons with space and time resolution in Mo and W x-pinches from measurements of x-rays > 9 keV. Rev. Sci. Instr., v. 75, No. 10(II), p. 3708-3710 (2004).
13. V. L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, A.S. Shlyaptseva, S. Hansen, D. Chamberlain, N. Ouart. Energetic electron beam generation and anisotropy of spectra and spatial distribution of hard x-ray emission from 0.9-1.0 MA high-Z x-pinches. Phys. Plasma, v. 10, 6, p.2519-2526 (2003).
14. A.S. Shlyaptseva, S.B. Hansen, V.L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, N. Ouart, K.B. Fournier, U.I. Safronova. Advanced spectroscopic analysis of 0.8-1.0 MA Mo x-pinches and influence of plasma electron beams on L-shell spectra of Mo ions. Phys. Rev. E., v. 67, p. 026409 (2003).
15. V.L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, A.S. Shlyaptseva, S.B. Hansen, N. Ouart, D. Chamberlain. High-Z 0.9-1.0 MA x-pinch as a possible backlighter in 50-100 keV and sub-keV-10 keV spectral regions and a powerful soft x-ray source for surface modification research Rev. Sci. Instr., v. 74, No. 3(II), p. 1935-1938 (2003).
16. V.L. Kantsyrev, K. Takasugi, K. Tatsumi, T. Miyamoto, A.S.Shlyaptseva. The structural, spectral and temporal properties of x-ray in regions 3.4 nm - 4.6 nm and ? < 1.0 nm emitted from the Ar gas-puff z-pinch plasma. Proc. Intern. Conf. on Plasma Physics ( ICCP 96), Nagoya (Japan), p. 1106-1109 (1996).
17. A.S.Shlyaptseva, J.Nilsen, R.Bruch, V.L.Kantsyrev, V.V.Akulinichev, E.G.Pivinsky. The study of Na-like multiply-charged ion x-ray spectra excited by a pulsed laser plasma source. Physica scripta, v.52, p. 377-385 (1995).
18. V.L.Kantsyrev, K.I.Kopytok, A.S.Shlyaptseva. The study of compact plasma source of SXR of vacuum spark type with capillary concentrator and its application. AIP Conf. Proc. No. 299. ‘’Dense Z-pinches'', London (UK), p. 612-619 (1993).
19. V.L.Kantsyrev, K.I.Kopytok, A.S. Shlyaptseva. Results of the study of the new type of compact gas-puff plasma source of SXR . AIP Conf. Proc. No. 299. “ Dense Z-pinches'', London (UK), p. 226-230 (1993).
20. N.G.Basov, Yu.A.Bykovsky, A.V.Vinogradov, V.L.Kantsyrev. Plasma sources of soft x-ray radiation. Phys. Chem. Mech. Surfaces v. 4 (9), p. 2581-2600 (1987).
21. A.K.Zverkov, V.L.Kantsyrev, A.A.Krivtsov, A.S.Shlyaptseva. X-ray production by a high-current micropinch. Sov.J. Plasma Phys. v.13, No.7, p. 480-482(1987).
22. A.K.Zverkov, V.L.Kantsyrev, A.A.Krivtsov, A.S.Shlyaptseva. X-ray emission from a ''plasma point '' source. Effects of the atomic number of anode material and the capacitor voltage. Sov.Phys.Tech.Phys.,v. 31, No. 5, p.595-597 (1986).
23. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, I.Ya.Frondzey. About influence of wavelength of laser radiation on yield of soft x-ray of laser plasma. Sov.Tech.Phys. ,v.11, No. 11, p.667-669 (1985).
24. N.G.Basov, Yu.A.Bykovsky, A.V.Vinogradov, A.A.Galichy, M.P.Kalashnikov, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev, M..Mazur, Yu.A.Mikhailov, V.N.Puzyrev, A.Rode, G.V.Sklizkov, I.Ya.Frondzey. Investigating of a laser-plasma source of soft x-rays operating at laser power densities 5x1011 – 2x 1014 W/cm2. Sov.Quantum.Electron. v.12, No.8, p.977-981 (1982).
25. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev, A.M.Raspopin. Laser plasma as a source of soft x-ray radiation. Sov.Quantum.Electron. v.7, No.5, p.541-543 (1977).
II. X-ray spectroscopy, polarimetry and mass-spectrometry diagnostics and instrumentation for hot plasma and atomic physics research.
26. A. Safronova, V. Kantsyrev, N. Ouart, F. Yilmaz, D. Fedin, A. Astanovitsky, B. LeGalloudec, S. Batie, D. Brown, V. Nalajala, I. Shrestha, S. Pokala, T. Cowan, B. Jones, C. Coverdale, C. Deeney, P.D. LePell, D. Jobe, D. Nielson. Spectroscopic modeling of radiation from Cu and Mo X-pinches produced on the UNR 1 MA Zebra Generator. Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, v. 99, pp. 560-571 (2006).
27. A.S. Safronova, V.L. Kantsyrev, D.A. Fedin, G. Osborne, M.F. Yilmaz, T. Hoppe, V. Nalajala, J.D. Douglass, R.D. McBride, M.D. Mitchell, L.M. Maxson, D.A. Hammer. Spectroscopic and Imaging Study of Combined Mo and W X-Pinches at 1 MA Z-Pinch Generators. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, v. 34, No 5, pp. 2256-2262 (2006).
28. A. Shlyaptseva, D. Fedin, S. Hamasha, C. Harris, V. L. Kantsyrev, P. Neill, N. Ouart, U.I. Safronova, P. Beiesdorfer, K. Boyce, G.W. Brown, R. Kelly, C.A. Kilbourne, F.S. Porter. Development of M-shell x-ray spectroscopy and spectropolarimetry of z-pinch tungsten plasmas. Rev. Sci. Instr., v. 75, No. 10(II), p. 3750-3752 (2004).
29. A.S. Shlyaptseva, D. A. Fedin, S.M. Hamasha, S.B. Hansen, C. Harris, V. L. Kantsyrev, P. Neill, N. Ouart, P. Beiesdorfer, U.I. Safronova. X-ray spectroscopy and spectropolarimetry of high energy density plasma complemented by LLNL electron beam ion trap experiments. Rev. Sci. Instr., v. 74, No. 3(II), p. 1947-1950 (2003).
30. V. L. Kantsyrev, A.G. Petrashen, A. S. Shlyaptseva. Diagnostics of a magnetic field by x-ray polarization spectroscopy. Optics and Spectroscopy, v. 94, No. 3, p. 343-345 (2003).
31. A.S. Shlyaptseva, S.B. Hansen, V.L. Kantsyrev, B.S. Bauer, D.A. Fedin, N.Ouart, S.A. Kazantsev, A.G. Petrashen, U.I. Safronova. X-ray spectropolarimetry of high-temperature plasmas. Rev. Sci. Instr., 72, No. 1(II), p. 1241-1244 (2001).
32. V. Kantsyrev, B. Bauer, D. Fedin, A.S. Shlyaptseva, S. Hansen, I. Paraschiv. New x-ray and EUV two-dimensional imaging glass capillary spectrometer for Z-pinch plasma diagnostics. SPIE Conf. Proc., v. 3766, p. 410 - 417 (1999).
33. V.L.Kantsyrev, R.Bruch, R.Phaneuf, N.G.Publicover. New concepts for x-ray, soft x-ray and EUV optical instrumentation including applications in spectroscopy, plasma diagnostics, and biomedical microscopy: a status report. J. X-ray Sci. Technol. v.7, p. 139-158 (1997).
34. V.Kantsyrev, R.Bruch. New optical methods for short wavelength hot plasma diagnostics. Rev. Sci. Instr. v.68, No. 1(II), p. 770-773 (1997).
35. V.V.Akulinichev, E.G.Pivinsky, A.S.Shlyaptseva , V.L.Kantsyrev, I.E.Golovkin. Multiply-charged ions x-ray spectra excited by a pulsed laser plasma source with various pulse duration and shape. Physica Scripta, v.51, p. 714-720( 1995).
36. V.L.Kantsyrev, O.V.Komardin. Formation of images of soft X-ray sources, without pinhole cameras, by means of simple glass-capillary converters. Tech.Phys.Lett. v.21, No.7, p. 563-564 (1995).
37. V.L.Kantsyrev, A.R.Mingaliev, O.G.Petruhin, S.A.Pikuz, V.M.Romanova, T.A.Shelkovenko, A.S.Shlyaptseva, A.Ya.Faenov . Investigating the characteristics of x-ray radiation from hot plasma by means of glass-capillary converters. Quantum Electronics: Kvantovaya electronika and Tirpion Ltd. v.23, No. 12, p. 1026-1029 (1993).
38. Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.A.Zarubin, V.L.Kantsyrev, B.A.Konoplenko, I.D.Laptev, V.N.Nevolin. The study of the distribution admixture in Mo using method of laser mass-spectrometry. In: "Physics and mechanics of deformation and destruction". Moscow, Atomizdat, p.48-51 (1979).
39. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.G.Degtyrev, N.N.Degtyrenko, V.L.Kantsyrev, V.E.Kondrashov, Yu.P.Kozyrev, V.F.Elesin, I.D.Laptev, V.N.Nevolin. The study of electrostatic acceleration of ions in scattering laser plasma . Laser plasma as the source of multiply-charged ions. Preprint FIAN No. 41. P.N.Lebedev Physical Inst., USSR Academy of Science, Moscow (1972).
III. Glass-capillary optics for x-ray and extreme ultraviolet radiation
40. S.V. Kukhlevsky, G. Nyitray, V.L. Kantsyrev. Fields of optical wavequides as waves in free space. Phys. Rev. E, v. 64, p. 26603-26609 (2001).
41. S.V. Kukhlevsky, G. Nyitray, V.L. Kantsyrev, J. Kaiser. Detailed structure of fs pulses passing through straight and tapered optical waveguides. Opt. Commun., v. 192, 3-6, p. 225-229 (2001).
42. S. Kukhlevsky, V. Kantsyrev, D. Fedin, G. Nyitray, B. Bauer, N. Ouart. Features of x-ray radiation from a point-like laser plasma and z-pinch sources transported by glass capillary converters (theory). SPIE Conf. Proc., v. 4502, p. 184-191 (2001).
43. V. Kantsyrev, D. Fedin, S. Kukhlevsky, B. Bauer, N. Ouart. Features of soft x-ray and x-ray radiation from a point laser plasma and z-pinch sources transported by glass capillary converters (experiment). SPIE Conf. Proc., v. 4144, p. 128 - 136 (2000).
44. V.L.Kantsyrev, R.Bruch, M.Bailey, A.Shlyaptseva. Enhancement of the flux density of line radiation in the extreme ultraviolet wavelength region for spectroscopic and plasma diagnostic applications using glass-capillary converters. Appl. Phys. Lett., v.66, No.26, p. 3567-3569 (1995).
45. V.L.Kantsyrev, A.P.Inozemtsev, O.G. Petrukhin, O.I.Tolstikhin, A.S.Shlyaptseva. Properties of focusing glass-capillary concentrators of soft x-ray radiation. Quantum Electronics: Kvantovaya Electronika and Tirpion Ltd. v.25, No.1, p. 74-76 (1995).
46. V.L.Kantsyrev, A.P.Inozemtsev, O.V.Komardin, T.I.Korotkova, A.S.Shlyaptseva. Simple glass-capillary converters of soft x-rays. Quantum Electronics: Kvantovaya Electronika and Tirpion Ltd. v.25, No.7, p. 700-705 (1995).
47. V.L.Kantsyrev, A.R.Mingaliev, O.G.Petruhin, S.A.Pikuz, V.M.Romanova, T.A.Shelkovenko, A.S.Shlyaptseva, A.Ya.Faenov. Possible use of glass-capillary concentrators of soft x-rays in studies of high-temperature plasmas. Tech.Phys.Lett. v.19, No. 4, p. 205-206 (1993).
48. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, A.A.Zhuravlev, V.Yu.Znamensky, V.L.Kantsyrev, S.P.Frolov. Focusing and transport of x-ray emitted by a laser produced plasma. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett. v.16, No. 1, p. 65-66 (1990).
IV. Application of focused laser and x-ray beams in science and technology
49. V.L.Kantsyrev. Flat-glass separation (laser-plasma glass cutting). Photonics Spectra. No.3, p. 78 (1995).
50. V.L.Kantsyrev, O.V.Komardin, V.F.Solinov, M.Ya.Yakovlev. New method of cleaving glass by ultraviolet laser radiation. Tech.Phys.Lett. v.20, N.6, p. 469-470 (1994).
51. V.S.Barabanov, V.L.Kantsyrev, N.V.Morozov, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tyunina. Reflection of KrF laser radiation from silicon surfaces with various coatings. J. of Sov. Las. Res. v.14, No.6, p. 421-425 (1993).
52. V.L.Kantsyrev, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tuynina. Periodic structures induced by the radiation of a KrF laser on the surface of silicon and multilayer systems. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett., v.18, No.3, p. 193-194 (1992).
53. V.L.Kantsyrev, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tuynina. Crystallization of silicon by the radiation of a KrF laser. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett. v.18, No.10, p. 664-666 (1992).
54. V.L.Kantsyrev, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tuynina. Formation of silicides by the radiation of a KrF laser. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett., v.18, No.10, p. 662-664 (1992).
55. V.L.Kantsyrev, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tuynina. Anomalous implantation of As in Si under the action of KrF laser light. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett., v.17, No.9, p. 617-619 (1991).
56. V.L.Kantsyrev, N.V.Morozov, P.B.Sergeev, B.A.Olshvanger, M.A.Tuynina. Implantation of arsenic in silicon by KrF laser radiation. Sov.Tech.Phys.Lett., v.17, p. 61-64 (1991).
57. V.L.Kantsyrev, A.M.Zyabnev, S.L.Kraevsky, A.A.Kologrivov, K.I.Kopytok, A.S.Shlyaptseva. The study of interaction of focusing pulse soft x-ray beam with halkogenide glass-like semiconductors and electrochromic glasses. Proc. of II Intern. Conf. on Physics of Glass-like Solid States, Riga (Latvia), p.73-74 (1991).
58. V.L.Kantsyrev, N.V.Morozov, P.B.Sergeev, M.A.Tuynina. Semiconductor surface modification by KrF laser radiation. Short Reports on Physics. FIAN, P.N.Lebedev Inst., Academy of Science of the USSR, Moscow, No. 9, p. 3-5 (1990).
V. X-ray lithography with plasma sources of radiation
59. B.A.Olshvanger, V.L.Kantsyrev, A.S. Shlyaptseva. Feasibility of using ?-arsenic in vacuum x-ray lithography. Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys. V.34, No.6, p. 685-686 (1989).
60. B.A.Olshvanger, V.L.Kantsyrev. X-ray lithography on alpha-arsenic layers. Phys. Chem. Mech. Surfaces, No. 11, p.77-81 (1989).
61. V.L.Kantsyrev. Comparison of soft x-ray sources for x-ray lithography and the use of plasma sources in x-ray lithography. Phys. Chem. Mech. Surfaces, v. 2 (11), p. 3250-3261 (1985).
62. V.A.Veretennikov, A.N.Dolgov, V.L.Kantsyrev, O.V.Sagalovskay, O.G.Semenov, I.M.Chvyrev. The x-ray lithography with soft x-ray source on base of low inductance vacuum spark. Phys. Chem. Mech. Surfaces, No. 1, p.115-117 (1984).
63. V.A.Veretennikov, A.N.Dolgov, A.I.Isakov, V.L.Kantsyrev, O.N.Krokhin, A.P.Nekunde, O.V.Sagalovskaya, O.G.Semenov, U.I.Sidelnikov, V.V.Ulynov. The X-ray lithography with a “plasma-point” source of soft x-ray radiation. Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett., v.8, No. 9, p. 448-449 (1982).
64. G.Basov, Yu.A.Bykovsky, A.V.Vinogradov, S.A.Zverev, M.P.Kalashnikov, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev, M.Yu.Mazur, A.V.Rode, G.V.Sklizkov. The estimation of application of laser-plasma source for x-ray lithography . Preprint FIAN No. 29 , P.N.Lebedev Physical Inst. Academy of Science of the USSR, Moscow (1982).
65. E. Onegin, M.N. Kadomsky, Yu.E. Makarevich, V.A. Kozlov, V.M. Skorokhod, Yu.A.Bykovsky, Yu.P.Kozyrev, V.L.Kantsyrev, I.N. Rubzov, V.V. Ulyanov, G.V. Bobrov, M.F. Stelmakh, M.V. Vasileyv, Y.M. Shvom, E.V. Zinovyev, G.A. Skvortzov, F.N. Basmanov. X-ray lithography with laser plasma source of x-ray radiation. Proc. of III All-USSR Conf. on Precision lithography in semiconductors, devices and IC production (Moscow), p. 74 (1980).
66. Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Z.F.Kaplun, Yu.P.Kozyrev, I.K.Pikula, N.B.Rabodzey, A.M.Reshetnikov. About possibility of application of laser-plasma as source of soft x-ray in x-ray lithography. Electron. Technika. v. 1, Electron. of Super High Frequen.,(in Russian), No.1, p.84-86 (1979. Submitted Oct. 03, 1978). This article is the first journal publication in the world on x-ray lithography with an x-ray plasma source.
VI. Intergated optics technology
67. V.V.Anufriev, N.V.Dyatlova, E.I.Ivlev, V.L.Kantsyrev, V.A.Kulikov, E.E.Tzvetkov, M.Ya. Yakovlev. Investigation of polarization maintaining single-mode fibers to channel-waveguides back-pointing process. Proc. of the Second Intern. Soviet Fiber Optics Conf. St. Petersburg (Russia), p. 311-316 (1992).
68. C.C.Zlochin, V.L.Kantsyrev, B.A.Kogevnikov, V.A.Nikitin, N.A.Yakovenko. The multi-functional system for optical study of microobjects. Electronic Industry (Moscow, Russia), p. 86-88 (1988).
VII. X-ray microscopy with plasma sources for biology and medicine
69. Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev, N.V.Kalachov, P.G.Pleshanov,O.G.Semenov. The impulse x-ray micrography of thin layers of biological tissues with super-high resolution. Proc. Conf. "Applications of Methods of Laser Technique in Biology and Medicine" (Kiev, USSR), p.55-56 (1979).
70. Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, B.D.Komarov, Yu.P.Kozyrev , N.K.Permykov, P.G.Pleshanov. Method of x-ray microscopy in medicine and biology with application of laser-plasma source of soft x-ray. Archive of pathology (in Russian), No. 12, p.72-75 (1978).
71. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev. About possibility of application of soft x-ray from laser plasma in x-ray micrography. Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett., v.1, No. 4, p. 172-174 (1975). This article is one of the first journal publications in the world on x-ray microscopy with an x-ray laser plasma sources.
1. V. L. Kantsyrev, R.F. Bruch, A.S. Shlyaptseva. Capillary polarimeter. United States Patent No. 6,389,107, May 14, 2002 (provisional application No. 60/014,483, field on Apr.1, 1996).
2. B. Bauer, V. Kantsyrev. Capillary spectrometer. United States Patent No. 5,991,024, November 23, 1999 (provisional application No. 60/048,050, field on May 30, 1997).
3. V.L.Kantsyrev, V.V.Anufriev, N.V.Dyatlova, M.Ya. Yakovlev. Process of maintaining of optical fiber to integral-optics circuit. Inventor's certificate (Patent) No. 1715077, filed January 5, 1990 (USSR).
4. B.A.Olshvanger, V.L.Kantsyrev. Process of development of integral-optics circuit. Inventor's certificate (Patent) No. 1322906, filed April 26, 1985 (USSR).
5. V.A.Veretennikov, A.N.Dolgov, V.L.Kantsyrev, O.N.Krokhin, O.G.Semenov. Impulse gas-plasma source of soft x-ray. Inventor's certificate (Patent) No. 1123067, filed July 27, 1983, (USSR).
6. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev ,P.G.Pleshanov. Method of study of microstructure of thin samples. Inventor's certificate (Patent) No. 534983, filed February 17, 1975 (USSR). Bull. Izobret. USSR, v.22, p.201 (1978).
7. O.B.Ananyin, Yu.A.Bykovsky, V.L.Kantsyrev, Yu.P.Kozyrev. Source of soft x-ray (glass capillary optics for plasma x-ray sources). Inventor's certificate (Patent) No. 520863, filed October 15, 1974 (USSR). Bull. Izobret. USSR, v.11, p.229 (1979).