Advanced Placement Chemistry
Fall 2010/Spring 2011
Note: Most materials are provided on this web page as PDF (portable document format) files.  A free PDF file reader plug-in for your browser is available (already loaded in the computer labs in JTSU, Getchell Library, Physical Sciences Library and Chemistry Building 316).

Enrollment Information

Safety Information

A Word to Those Planning on Attending Medical School

A number of medical schools, including the University of Nevada, do not accept AP chemistry credits. For chemistry majors, this is not a problem because they will get enough laboratory credits from taking upper level chemistry classes. Non-chemistry majors planning on attending medical school will have to retake Chem 121/122 and lose their AP credits, take Chem 201/202, or take another year of chemistry classes to meet the medical school's requirement. This document provides a list of medical schools that do not accept AP chemistry credits.


Contact Information

AP Chemistry Coordinator

Dr. Vincent Catalano  
Phone 775-784-6042
Fax 775-784-6804


UNR Registrar

Judy Bartley  
Phone 775-682-8067
Fax 775-784-4283



Useful Resources
Chemistry Faculty  | Library  | Chemistry Home